HYDROTHERAPHY (AQUATIC REHABILITATION)
Hydrotherapy (pool treatment) is a method used in treatment of diseases andfunctional loss benefiting from physical properties of water.With the help of water buoyancy, it decreases the body's weight he or she is carrying and makes it possible for a person to move who-normally can't or for those where there is too much pain to move.
Depending on the patient's condition and disease, it may be administered together with physiotherapy or instead of physiotherapy. Particularly after trauma or surgery, it is performed when it is inconvenient to load overlays but increasing the range of motion and muscle strength is required. The patients will enroll for the programs that will held by specialist physiotherapist. These hydro-therapists should not be having toilet problems.
The benefits of hydrotherapy
- Reduces the pain and sensitivity
- Increases range of motion
- Relaxes the muscles
- Improves the respiratory muscles
- Increases muscle strength and endurance by using the resistance feature of water
- Increases the patient's self-confidence and motivation by enabling capabilities, implausible out of water
- Makes fun out of exercises that may be painful and overwhelming out of water especially for kids.
Major diseases applied Hydrotherapy
Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Muscular Dystrophy, Guillain Barre Syndrome, musculoskeletal injuries due to neurological disease movement restrictions, Joint Injuries, Post-Fracture and Surgical Procedures, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid illnesses, sports injuries, soft tissue injuries, obesity Osteoarthritis (Arthritis), Balance Problems, Polio.